Chartwell Investment Partners, a boutique investment management firm based in Berwyn, PA, is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Operations Specialist responsible for back-office duties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, be a team player and be able to multi-task a variety of responsibilities.
The candidate will be part of a small team and will have the opportunity to contribute immediately.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform trade processing and affirmation duties, which include, but are not limited to, posting trades from the trading system into the accounting system intra-day, affirming trades, communicating with internal trading desk, external brokers/dealers, and custodian banks to resolve any problems affecting contractual settlement.
- Perform portfolio reconciliation duties which include, but are not limited to, posting contributions/distributions, posting in-kind receipts/disbursements, monitoring cash balances on a daily basis in all accounts and the communication of this information to all interested parties under the direction of the department manager as well as resolving any problems that arise during the normal valuation/cash management process, reconciling assigned accounts on a daily and monthly basis within a prescribed time frame.
- On-board new accounts, processing changes to account and custodian information under the direction of the department manager, process corporate actions.
- Perform various administrative duties under the direction of the department manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of Advent Software’s APX accounting platform.
- Experience working with Bloomberg suite of tools preferred. Including Bloomberg AIM and Bloomberg Trade Cost Analysis packages.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Management preferred with at least 3 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably with an investment management firm.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Initiative and ability to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed & diligent follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Role requires in-office presence.
- Strong mathematical skills.
Note: Chartwell is now fully re-opened and the candidate is expected to work full-time in the office.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Chartwell Investment Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chartwell Investment Partners provides equal employment opportunity and advance in employment to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.